Tuesday, May 13, 2008

home is where the heart is

courtesy of anini cheah
the subang rep for angel cake house

my birthday was a blast
and this time around, i actually rememberd 90% of it
the other 10% is a little hazy but can be jogged from failing memory
thanks to all those that came by
and thanks to the one that did come in the end
that was appreciated beyond words
i wished 2 more were there
because then it would have been a perfect 24th

PD was a great spontaneous experience
the walk there and back to the hotel was an exercise on its own
twentyone was filled with love and 42 below vodka
and this weekend is perhentian
of a whole lot of sun, sand & underwater adventure
and hopefully, some serenity

the situation in myanmar and china lately has got me thanking
these people have lost their homes, their lives and most of all their loved ones
there was a story that affected me until was in tears
of how a little boy was in a tree and didnt want to go home
because his entire family was killed
he was less than 10

im truly thankful for what i have here right now
and im a lucky bitch
i have my family & i have my friends
and sometimes i look back and am amazed at our friendship
we have gone through thick and thin with each other
we have had our shitty times with each other
but its outweighed by all the great moments money cant buy
so you can tell me that the person over there owns KL
and the person over there has 10 cars
and i'll tell you "so fucking what?"
can they tell you that they have 20 people in their life
of which you can be brutally honest, tell them your innermost secret, you failures and your losses and you hopes and your dreams....
and still have those 20 people look at you the same way after that?
i dont think so

lately, ive been evaluating
and i really do value the relationships i have with people
they have been there for me through everything
i wouldnt be here right now without them
their unfailing support and loyalty
them knowing what to say and when to say it
them following through on their promises
them always, always being there for me
them taking the time to understand me
and to not want to punch my lights out
how can you want anything more from life?

so people ask me why dont i crumble and fall
and how do i still stay standing
i cant answer them
because they dont have the friends & family i have
and i cant help feel anything but sorry

i dont care if you're sick of me writing about my friends
because frankly its my damn blog
but i write about them because they are amazing human beings
and every year i look and im eternally grateful for them in my life
and you know what, im going to keep writing about them
because their individual strength, courage and love
never ever ceases to amaze me

xL

No comments: