Friday, July 11, 2008

i did it

i finally threw it in
and its very bittersweet
because i do truly like what i do and i do truly love the people i work with
i like that i can come in whenever i want, dressed however i want
i like that i was recognised so early in my career
i like that they can trust me to handle the job
i like that i didnt even consider this industry
but i came through 2 years later, a better person than when i started

i dont mind the clients sometimes
i dont mind the 20 hour days
i dont mind the crazy workload
so it was hard when he asked "why do you want to leave?"
i had no good reason, i had no good answer
the most puzzling thing is why am i leaving the place that i love so much?

ill probably regret this a little in the next two months
im sure i will
i always do this to myself
i have something good, then i get comfortable, then i freak out
whatever it is, this decision i made for myself will challenge me
and at 24, im all up for the challenge
because i may think that im alright now, but there is so much room to be better

goddammit, i survived the last two months now didnt i?
maybe 2008 didnt pose that many difficulties
maybe it just threw me a few curve balls...
to see if i could handle being a stronger, better person
as someone said to me, god doesnt throw you what you cant handle

xL

No comments: